A dislocation is an injury in which the bone is forced out of its socket. Dislocations occur in the joints of the body, such as shoulder, hip, knee, elbow, ankle, finger, thumb or toe. As a result of the injury the joint is temporarily deformed and immobile. Dislocations are common sports injuries.
- Bone out of normal position
- Possible discolouration
- Difficulty in moving the injured part
- Get medical help immediately
- Do NOT move the joint or try to put it back in place
- Apply ice packs for 5 to 15 mins to control the swelling